Massachusetts Envirothon 2015 — Information for Teams
The 2015 MA Envirothon will be held on Thursday May 14, 2015 at Quabbin Reservoir , Belchertown MA.
Directions to Quabbin
Quick Facts for Teams Document
Questions? Contact Mass Envirothon Coordinator Brita Dempsey
Latest Emails to Coaches and general EE info
Register: Team regsitration form and payment due Jan 31, 2015
Workshops for Coaches and Teams
What happens at the event? Check out this page to get an idea of what MA Envirothon 2015 might be like for your team.
Ecostation Topic Resources
Forests Forestry glossary (not included on CD) website or download .doc
Using a Field Guide
Getting Ready for your Current Issue Presentation
Current Issue resources (updated 8/29/14)
Sharing Your Team’s Envirothon Story
Fundraising Ideas for Teams
Massachusetts Envirothon Rules Amended 3/12/14
Team Registration for the 2015 program year is $200. This includes:
- participation in all workshops*
- email alerts and updates
- 2015 Envirothon Manual (on cd)
- map of the team’s community for Current Issue research and presentation
- participation in the May 2015 competition
- Workshops are free to students and coaches from schools that have filed an Intent to Compete form and paid the program registration fee. For teams that have not registered, there will be a $10 fee for each workshop participant (student or coach). These fees will be deducted from the program registration fee when the team registers. For example: 12 students and 2 coaches from an unregistered team attend the UMass workshop. They pay $140 when they sign up. Afterwards, they decide to register for the 2014 Mass Envirothon, but they only need to pay an additional $60 (for a total of $200) when they file their Intent to Compete. Mass Envirothon does not usually limit the number of participants from any school at any workshop, but we ask for an adult-to-youth ratio of at least 1:10 for participating teams.